Friday, August 24, 2007

In Memoriam, Terry Holsclaw


My godmother, Terry, passed away this week. She left us way too soon. It happened so quick I'm not sure I have had a chance to accept/believe/understand it.

Terry was a beautiful, talented, and loving soul with a sharp wit and a no-nonsense approach to life. She left behind a lot of family and friends who will miss her dearly.

I always thought she was my coolest aunt. She probably cemented that position the day of my graduation ceremony from high school. When my parents and I came out of the auditorium, Terry was waiting for us in the parking lot. Sitting on the hood of her BMW, she popped a bottle of Dom Perignon and poured glasses for all of us - much to the envy of my underage friends. Bad-ass (maybe that's the best word to describe her).

I'll definitely miss my bad-ass aunt.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: